Wednesday, March 11, 2009

time flies!

Well, I've officially been here for a month now... time is flying by! At first, I was hoping that the time would fly by really fast, but now I'm kinda bummed that I'm already done with one of my 4 and a half months! I only have 113 more days!

I had a really busy weekend, and I haven't had time to write about it all... I have some great new pictures to post too! I'll get those up here as soon as I find a free moment.

But to summarize my weekend: Friday afternoon, I went to a buddhist pagoda near campus with 2 other guys from Ga Southern and a Chinese girl. It was really interesting. Saturday, I spent most of the day on a bus to/from Hankou or in Hankou (part of Wuhan) at a language center, talking to a possible employer (if it works out with my schedule, I'll be teaching English to little Chinese kids!) :) Sunday was Womens' Day in China, and there were lots of great sales, so I had some fun shopping after the Sunday morning service (Oh, I still need to tell you guys about that... great story!).

I'll give you all a more worthwile update as soon as I can!

Oh, quick story:
Yesterday, as I was crossing te street, a boy pushing a pineapple cart next to me almost collided with a car. The car slammed on the brakes and came to a stop literally inches from the cart. The boy then turned to me and asked me if I would like to buy a pineapple. We were still in the middle of the street. (I guess he mistook my look of shock at his almost-accident for a look of hunger.)
Whenever I start to feel like China isnt' all THAT strange, something like that happens, and I remember that I'm in China. And China is weird. But it's a good weird, for the most part. :)

1 comment:

  1. So that's what you do on women's day....shop! I was wondering. At least you aren't supposed to clean or cook or something like that. hahaha! :) China sounds amazing. I hope you bought a pineapple from that boy.

    ReplyDelete