Tuesday, March 24, 2009

41 days down, 100 more to go!

It's hard to believe how quickly my semester here is going by. I'm about a third the way done! (29%, to be exact!) ;) I'm starting to realize that I won't be here for long, and that my time here will be over before I know it. So I'll have to make the most of the next 100 days! I haven't had a chance to travel outside of Wuhan yet, and I'm starting to get a little restless. I really want to travel around China some while I'm here! I have plans to go to Beijing over our break in May, but other than that, I have nothing planned. I've heard Shanghai is really interesting, and that's right after Beijing on my "List of Places to Visit while in China". Also on the list are:
  • Beijing
  • Shanghai
  • Xi'an
  • Guilin
  • Chinese countryside (don't care where, I just want to see what China is like outside of the big cities!)
If any of you have anything to do/see in China to add to the list, please let me know! :) Right now, my problem is finding people to travel with. The university doesn't plan things like this for us, so if we want to travel, it's up to us. And I'm a big girl and all, but I'd much rather travel with at least one other person, preferably someone who speaks Chinese a little bit better than I do... my Chinese skills are rapidly improving, but they still leave a lot to be desired! (And Mom and Dad would probably not exactly love the idea of their daughter roaming around China on her own!) ;)

The weather has gotten much warmer recently (except for today-it was cold and rainy again!), and as a result, a lot of the trees on campus have started blooming. It's so beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment