Friday, April 3, 2009

GOING TO SHANGHAI!!!!!

As of about 15 minutes ago, I'll be spending my weekend in Shanghai! :)

We don't have classes on Monday, in honor of 清明節... (Qīng Míng Jié - it's a Chinese festival celebrated by cleaning and decorating the graves of family members that have died.) Thanks to... well, thanks to the fact that this is China, and not America, I didn't even KNOW about this long weekend until yesterday, so I didn't exactly have a lot of time to plan my weekend.

Actually, the planning didn't start until after class this afternoon. I texted my friend Luiza, asking her what she was planning to do over the long weekend, and we ended up deciding that we wanted to go to Shanghai. Tomorrow morning. So we got online and found some cheap flights, leaving tomorrow morning, and coming back Monday morning! (elong.net is a great place to get domestic flights in China if you ever need them! It's only going to cost about $100 USD to fly out and back!)

There's only one problem with this plan: I'm basically all out of clean clothes, and we don't have dryers here, so there's no way I can get my clothes washed and dried by tomorrow. But I'm going to Shanghai, clean clothes or not, so wish me luck, I'll post some pictures and tell you all about Shanghai when I get back! :)
(only 89 more days in China... gotta make the most of them!)

Oh the joys of being young and spontaneous... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment