Friday, February 27, 2009

sunshine? what's that?

I've been meaning to write an update for the past week or so, but I never feel like I have enough time to write about EVERYTHING that has been happening since I got here... so instead of long, detailed reports, I'll just write a few short blurbs here and there when I have time.

It was sunny on my first two days here, but then it turned cold and rainy, and it has stayed that way ever since. But other than the weather, I'm really liking Wuhan. The food here isn't as scary as I expected it to be... and you can usually get a good meal for under 15 RMB! (Which is about $2.00!) My chopstick skills are still lacking somewhat, but they are rapidly improving! I can even eat rice with chopsticks now! (Well, kinda...) Here's one of my favorite dishes:


饺子 ("jiao zi"- Chinese dumplings!)
Lunch for less than 50 cents!

Wuhan is a huge and very busy city. Crossing the street is exciting, to say the least. I'm amazed that I haven't seen any accidents yet. I saw a guy come about 3 inches from getting hit by a bus today...


The big, busy road is right outside of one or the entrances to the campus... but compared to the rest of the city, the campus is really peaceful and clean. There's a little traffic at times, but it's nothing like the traffic outside of campus. I haven't seen the sky since about a week ago, but at least we have trees! lots and lots of them. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment